Happy New Year, ISA!
Wednesday, January 2, 2019 in News
Before embracing 2019, this is a great time of the year for us to pause and reflect on the many blessings of our member-driven and thoughtfully engaged society of personal property appraisers.
We can celebrate knowing ISA ended 2018 financially sound with:
- membership satisfaction on the rise
- new student affiliates in our ranks
- expanding and enduring Affinity Business Partner relationships
- a growing Dealer Directory resource at our fingertips
- opportunities for elevating business development through our Private Client Services division
- a successful launch of our dynamic, new, and improved website
- streamlined credentialing processes in place
- a 24/7 online proctoring platform our members can access to take their exams from the comfort of their own office or home!
A heartfelt thank you to all our members who have dedicated their time, volunteering their expertise and energy on committees and task forces from education and membership to conference and finance, from Antiques, Furnishings and Decorative Arts to Gems and Jewelry to Fine Art.
Our ISA community is collectively grateful to those of you who have selflessly mentored or became ambassadors to our new members, to those of you who have educated our members through ISA's methodology and connoisseurship programs, and to those who attended our past Assets conferences. And there is, of course, tremendous appreciation that goes around to everyone who renewed their commitment to ISA this year by paying their annual membership dues on time. Thank you!
Since our beginning, ISA membership has represented increased opportunities for professional growth. Our success is motivated by you, your ideas, your requests, your passion, and your participation. Together, we are continually looking for ways to help and support our membership through advanced education, leading-edge technology, allied industry relationships, and business growth opportunities.
Let's toast in the new year with a glimpse into what is on ISA's horizon…
- development of online courses for Antiques, Furnishings + Decorative Arts and Fine Art
- an updated online Core Course
- Advanced Appraisal Methodology Course 2.0
- new connoisseurship experiences
- The Digital Journal of Advanced Appraisal Practice
- an online CAPP review course
- raised public awareness of the value of a qualified appraiser through increased Appraisal Foundation representation and visibility
- Private Client Services’ encore of "Appraising in the World of High-Net-Worth Individuals," as well as an in-depth Diminution-of-Value presentation
….and of course, ISA's upcoming Assets conference in Kentucky!
We hope you will join us at The Triple Crown of Appraising: Education, Ethics and Excellence, April 12 - 15 in Louisville, Kentucky. Conference details are on our website, and our Conference Chair Libby Holloway is happy to answer any questions you may have about this wonderful upcoming program.
On behalf of ISA's Board of Directors, best wishes to you and yours for a healthy, happy and sparkling new year!
Perri Guthrie, ISA CAPP
International Society of Appraisers