Becoming an Appraiser
Whether you are looking to supplement your current profession by offering appraisal services or looking to build a career as a personal property appraiser, ISA will give you the knowledge and expertise you need to become a success.
First, What is a personal property appraiser?
- Fine Art
- Sports Memorabilia
- General residential contents
- Machinery and equipment
A competent, qualified appraiser has formal education in appraisal theory, principles, procedures, ethics, and law.
Am i qualified to become an appraiser?
There are many paths to becoming an appraiser. Those entering the appraising profession come from all backgrounds and walks of life:
- May work in a variety of fields, including academia, auctions, art galleries, banking, estate liquidation, insurance, jewelry, legal services, and museums
- May be art scholars, curators, collectors, museum staff, antique dealers, auctioneers, and estate liquidators
- May be recent graduates with degrees in Art History, Art & Design or similar areas of study
- May just have a passon as a collector that they want to turn into a career
Your Appraising Career Starts Here
Explore the many ways ISA can help you launch your appraising career.
What's it Really Like?
Read the ISA blog post, "Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Becoming an Appraiser (But Were Afraid to Ask)" by ISA member, Jillian Van Volkenburgh.